Thursday, July 5, 2018

There is ALWAYS Hope

I had the wonderful opportunity today to give support to a 70-year-old person today who has had a long life with lots of hard knocks. They wondered if they shouldn't just give up. My response was, "There is always hope. If we can work together to get you to a place where you feel absolute peace and contentment for even just one day while you're living, then it is worth it, and I believe that it is possible."

I wasn't simply conveying an empty platitude; I meant it, and I believe it - for myself, and for anybody else that can draw a breath. And this is the beauty of the work I do - I get to witness miracles; always in my life, and often in the lives of others. 

There is a Power greater than me and greater than all of us of which we are all a part of - we all belong to It - and when we open ourselves to the possibility of hope and healing, healing can and does occur. 

Emmet Fox was a Divine Science minister and author from the last century, and one of the first authors I read when I began my study of New Thought. He wrote:

There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer; no disease that enough love will not heal; no door that enough love will not open; no gulf that enough love will not bridge; no wall that enough love will not throw down; no sin that enough love will not redeem.
It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble, how hopeless the outlook, how muddled the tangle, how great the mistake; a sufficient realization of love will dissolve
it all. If only you could love enough you would be the happiest and most powerful being in the world
.

The Love that he is talking about is God or Source or whatever term you'd like to use to describe the Power that underlies all. When we unreservedly tap into that Power, what we call miracles happen.

And I have, without the use of mood-altering substances, experienced those peaceful, sublime moments where all is well with me, the world, and the Universe. I have been to that place of perfection within. These moments have the effect for me of making all the challenges I've lived through worthwhile. 

There is a lot of pain and suffering in the world. There's a good bit of pain and suffering right here in Waukesha. Fortunately, I'm not tasked with alleviating all of it. I don't even have to carry it on my shoulders. What I can do, and what I endeavor to do, is to see past the pain and suffering in someone, to see the goodness and perfection underlying it all. We can't lose that - no matter what I've done, no matter where I've been, no matter how much hate and sadness I've harbored, that spark of Love that created me has never been snuffed out. Others helped me tear away a lot of the crap that was covering up my Light, and now I look for It in others, and help them let go of what is covering up their Light. 

For me, it begins with the belief that every life has value, even when an individual thinks their life has none. I can picture the people who told me I was wrong when I said my life had no value, and who didn't let me go. It begins with hope.

And when I give away what I've been freely given, I am not depleted - I just get more to give away, and for that I am most grateful. 

Namasté,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment